Note: Prior to first use, test the trimmer on a small area on your arm or leg. If sensitivity or allergic reactions occur, discontinue use immediately. Do not use your trimmer on sensitive or irritated skin.
Inserting / Replacing the Battery:
- 1.Turn the power off and remove the cap. While firmly holding the upper part of the unit, slide off the bottom part to expose the battery compartment. (Illustration 1 in the directions insert.)
- 2.Remove old battery if necessary. Then insert a new AAA battery following the polarity indicators (Illustration 2 in the directions insert.)
- 3.Replace the battery cover; be sure the cover is aligned with the on/off switch. (Illustration 3 in the directions insert.) Attempting to force the cover on incorrectly may cause damage to the unit.
To avoid damage to your trimmer, ensure that the battery is inserted in the proper direction indicated by the +/- signs. If your trimmer will not be used for a long period of time, remove the battery from he unit.
Using your Finishing Touch Lumina.
Remove the protective cover and slide the power switch up to the "ON" position for the trimmer only. Slide the power switch up to the "LIGHT" position for the trimmer and light features. (Illustration 4 in the directions insert.)
- 1.Hold the trimmer at a 45 degree angle to your face and trim in the opposite direction of your hair growth. (Illustration 5 in the directions insert.)
- 2.Continue to trim in the opposite direction of the hair growth until the hair is removed. (Illustration 6 in the directions insert.) Do not apply excess pressure. Doing so may result in injury to the skin and damage to the trimmer head.
- 3.For the cleanest hair removal, pull your skin taught with one hand while trimming. (Illustration 7 in the directions insert.)
Using the Comb Attachment:
Included in your trimmer are two comb attachments for trimming eyebrows/mustaches. The 2mm/4mm comb is for trimming shorter eyebrow / mustache hairs. The 6mm comb is for trimming longer eyebrow / mustache hairs.
- 1.Make sure the trimmer is turned off.
- 2.Slide the appropriate side of the comb attachment onto the trimmer head. (Illustration 8 in the directions insert.)
- 3.Be sure the trimming size you prefer is facing the same direction as the trimmer.
- To remove the comb, turn the power off, and simply slide the comb off.
Using the Pivot Comfort Head:
- 1.Remove the cap and be sure the trimmer is turned off.
- 2.Gently move the trimming head to the right (follow the arrow). Be sure the head is locked into position prior to use.
To put the head back to the original up-right position.
- 1.Turn the trimmer off.
- 2.Gently move the trimming head to the left (opposite direction of the arrow). Be sure the had is locked into position prior to use.
- 3.Replace the cap when finished.
Care and Maintenance:
Note: Water will cause damage to your trimmer. Do not use trimmer in a damp room or near water. When not in use, be sure the trimmer is turned off.
Cleaning Trimmer / Head Replacement:
- 1.Turn the trimmer off and remove the battery. (See Step 1 of "Inserting / Replacing the Battery".)
- 2.Slide the release button down to open the trimmer head. (Illustration 9 in the directions insert.)
- 3.Carefully take head apart and remove from the trimmer. (Illustration 10 in the directions insert.)
- 4.(Note: Skip this step if replacing head.) Using the enclosed brush, gently wipe away any hair or dust. (Illustration 11 in the directions insert.) Do not remove foreign matter with a sharp object. The removable comb attachment may be washed. However make sure it is thoroughly dry before reuse.
- 5.Place the cleaned replacement head in the trimmer and close the trimmer head. Be sure that the power on your trimmer is off when you replace the trimmer head.
- 6.Slide the release button up to re-secure the the trimmer head. Replace battery (see steps 2 & 3 of "Inserting / Replacing the Battery").
- 7.Be sure to replace the cap when storing the trimmer.